National Archives description: "1) S-HS&LS Noumea, Harbor, New Caledonia
2) S-HS LS AA cruiser leaving harbor Noumea, N.C.
3) CUs Dentist working on man's teeth
4) GV Beach, men & women bathing - Noumea.
5) GV supply ship unload supplies - SV
6) MS Destroyer tender, 3 DDs alongside
7) HS Noumea harbor, shows shipping
8) LS harbor shows shipping, installations
9) HS harbor, installation BG
10)S-HS repair shops - apparently seaplane base
11) MS barges loaded supplies alongside dock
12)MS lowering PBY down ramp, taxiis away
13) MS F4Fs in flight - GV harbor, shipping
14) MS&LS converted carriers leave Noumea." National Archives Identifier:75388
As always, any error or typo is mine and if you enjoy my uploads or if you intend to make $ or otherwise profit from these files, please consider making a donation to a veteran's charity of your choice and/or Archive.org itself. Thanks. :)
July 12, 2014
USS SAN DIEGO (CL-53) OR USS SAN JUAN (CL-54)
The light anti-aircraft cruiser from 00:40-01:06 is either USS San Diego (CL-53) but most likely USS San Juan (CL-54) which was based in and operated out of Noumea from Dec42-Jun43 conducting operations alone and with carriers in the Coral Sea.